The Holmes Run Acres (HRA) Hurricanes are seeking 5 Junior Coaches for the 2019 summer season.
Responsibilities will include
- Attending practices every weekday (5/28-6/13 5:15pm-7:00pm; 6/14-7/26 8:45am-10:30am; 6/14-7/26 Tu/Th 6:30pm-7:45pm) to assist the Head Coach and Assistant Coach.
- Working with children ages 4-12, helping them develop swimming skills and technique, and preparing them to do their best in each A Meet and B Meet..
- Showing kindness, patience, and genuine understanding to the youngest Hurricane swimmers.
- Working with the Head Coach and Assistant Coach to organize Pep Rally activities. Junior Coaches should also help the youngest Hurricane swimmers at meets to be capped, lined up for Clerk of Course, and congratulated after events.
- Previous experience working with children, either as a swim coach or in other activities
- Modeling outstanding citizenship, team spirit, and work ethic
- Ability to attend most practices, as assigned by the Head Coach. Consistency is important.
- Willingness to learn new coaching methods and ways to positively discipline, and to work well with others.
Compensation for Junior Coaches will be modest bonuses at the conclusion of the swim season. Success as a Junior Coach may lead to opportunities to teach private swim lessons at Holmes Run Pool and future coaching assignments.
Applicants should submit a short resume including: Name, contact information, availability (including any scheduled days off needed), relevant experience, and personality or leadership qualities that will help as a Junior Coach. The Head Coach will make selections and notify all applicants prior to the beginning of the practice season in May.
Please submit resume to the Swim Team Representative.