- This event has passed.
Poker Night (ADULT)
Sat, July 30 @ 7:30 pm - 10:30 pmFree
Feeling Lucky? Join us for an exciting evening testing your skill and luck at the 2022 HRARA Poker Tournament. We will be playing a “serious” game of No-Limit Texas Hold’em. Players compete for a winner’s bracelet, and (more importantly) bragging rights. Once players are eliminated, they are welcome to play side games for fun.
NOTE: This event is not just for guys, ALL adults (18+ only) are welcome to come out and play!
RSVP to let us know if you plan to attend this event.
HRARA Poker Tournament Rules
- The game is No-Limit Texas Hold’em.
- Each player will be dealt two cards.
- After a round of betting, three cards will be “Flopped”.
- After another round of betting, one card will be “Turned”‘.
- After another round of betting, the “River” card will be shown.
- After a final round of betting, the highest hand using any five of a player’s two cards and the five community cards will win.
- Tied hands will split the pot. If the pot cannot be evenly divided using the available chips, the smallest indivisible amount will be forfeited to the dealer.
- Each player will be issued $10.00 in chips.
- Chip values will be displayed on each table.
- Chip values are symbolic, and chips have no cash value.
- Re-buys are not allowed.
- A player who loses all his/her chips is eliminated.
- Chips must not be transferred from one player to another.
- Chips must be left on the table at all times.
- If a player is unable to meet a bet amount, a “side pot” will be created as needed.
- At the beginning of the Tournament, the dealer will deal one card face-up in front of each player at the table.
- The high card will determine the first player in the Dealer position.
- If two or more players have equal cards, the dealer will deal a second to those players only.
- This process will continue until one player is selected as the Dealer position.
- The Dealer position will rotate to the left after each hand.
- There are no antes.
- The Small Blind will begin at 25¢ and the Big Blind at 50¢.
- The blinds will double each time play returns to the original dealer position.
- The Small Blind is the player to the left of the Dealer position, except when there are only two players at the table (“heads up”) in which case the Small Blind is the player in the Dealer position.
- A player who leaves the table must leave his/her chips at the table.
- If the player is absent when it is his/her turn as Small Blind or Big Blind, the dealer will place the appropriate chips and deal cards for the player until the player returns.
- If play continues before the player returns, the hand will be folded if the bet amount exceeds the blind amount.
- Note: If the player is absent as the Small Blind, the hand will be folded if the player does not return before the Big Blind’s turn to bet.
- As players are eliminated, the remaining players may be moved to balance the number of players at each table and/or to reduce the number of tables in use.
- The last player will be declared the Tournament Champion.
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Tournament Director shall be final.