June 4, 2020
Welcome to the Holmes Run Acres Hurricanes Electronic Registration platform for our upcoming swim season! 2020 is an unusual year, and we are proud to be one of the few community pools offering any kind of organized summer program for our children. We will strictly follow the state and local government guidelines for health and safety pertaining to the Covid-19 pandemic. During Phase 1 of “reopening”, we will only have one swimmer in each practice lane, yet we want to make practice available to as many qualified swimmers as possible. Here’s the plan:
- Swimmers must belong to the pool under a Family Membership or a 2-Person Family Membership.
- All swimmers must be able to swim at least 2 laps of the pool unassisted. Due to distancing requirements, coach will not be able to aid swimmers in the water (except in cases of emergency, of course).
- This registration portal will only be open until NOON on Saturday, June 6, 2020 – and we will not be able to accept late registrations. We have to have an exact head-count of swimmers in order to organize groups into practice times.
- Because of our fixed costs, we will not offer multi-swimmer discounts to multiple swimmers from the same family.
- To reiterate the email from last month, there will be no NVSL-sponsored competition meets, nor will there be any developmental B-meets. No relay carnivals,no IM carnival, no Mini-Meet.
- Due to the small group structure, coach will be able to offer more individual instruction to each swimmer – a great value for the registration price!
- Once we have a final roster of swimmers, we will organize swimmers into groups of 6 (using the Lower Pool with one coach) or 10 (using the Upper and Lower Pool with two coaches). The priority is to arrange swimmers by age and ability, and to place siblings in different age groups to practice on the same days.
- Practices for each swimmer will either be Monday/Wednesday/Fridays or Tuesday/Thursday/Saturdays. Our two practice sessions will meet from 9:30am – 10:30am and 10:45am – 11:45am and will have time built-in for needed cleaning between sessions.
- Team Reps will send practice session assignments to each swim family no later than Sunday, June 7th.
- Practices begin Monday, June 8th and continue through Saturday, August 1st. There will be no practice on Saturday, July 4th.
When we receive guidance about Phase 2 reopening, we may increase the number of swimmers in each lane, add social activities and other enhancements. We may also be able to open swimming opportunities to our youngest Tropical Storm swimmers who need assistance in the water. (stay tuned!)
We are thrilled to welcome back Coach Eric Ross! We may also see Coach Brett Davey and Coach Casey Tripp on deck, so our swimmers are in capable – and ENTHUSIASTIC – hands!
Be safe out there,
Emily and Heidi
Just click on the link below and you be brought directly to the registration page on our team?s website.