Holmes Run Hurricanes
Holmes Run Acres Recreation Association is proud to sponsor the Hurricanes swim team! Our team is a member of the Northern Virginia Swim League (NVSL) and competes in Division 13.
All swimmers between the ages of 4-18 are welcome to join the team no matter their level of experience. The team comprises of two groups – the Hurricanes and the Tropical Storms. The Tropical Storms are our beginner swimmers and they concentrate on swimming fundamentals. Once swimmers are able to swim the length of the pool proficiently, they “graduate” to be a Hurricane.
Visit the TeamUnify website for registration information, fees, and team announcements.
Benefits of swimming on the Hurricanes include:
- Exercise! Get out of the house and enjoy the rigor of a good workout each day.
- Fun! The Hurricanes enjoy pep rallies, ice cream socials, and even a talent show.
- Friendships! Build friendships that will last for years (parents included!)
- Sportsmanship! Win or lose, it’s okay if we do our best.
- Teamwork! We’re a team and we cheer each other on, no matter what.
- Personal achievement! Hurricanes celebrate “personal best” times and strive to push ourselves further.
The Hurricanes swim team is led by a Head Coach, Assistant Coach, and small group of Junior Coaches. All coaches are either Lifeguard Certified or CPR Certified. This season’s Head Coach is Eric Ross. Casey Tripp is the Assistant Coach.
The Hurricanes is sponsored by:
Contact the Swim Team Representatives if you have any questions or comments.