Host your next party at Holmes Run Pool!
Holmes Run Pool members are welcome to reserve the decks for private gatherings as a membership benefit. For information on deck reservation terms and procedures, please read the Frequently Asked Questions.
Please note, Holmes Run Pool hosts community wide events throughout the season. Before making a deck reservation, you may want to check the Events Calendar to see if there is an event happening on the date you are interested in and consider whether the pool event will affect your private event.
Decks may be reserved during the active swim season which opens on Memorial Day weekend and closes on Labor Day weekend.
We are no longer taking deck reservations for this season.
Select the deck you wish to reserve:
This elevated deck offers a great view of the lower pool. This can be helpful for supervising children who are competent swimmers while staying out of the fray.
This deck provides easy access to the lawn, making it a a great choice if you have little ones or guests who have difficulty navigating steps.
Set back from the lawn, this deck provides a quiet intimate setting for those who just want to enjoy each others company away from the hustle and bustle of the pool.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What should I know before I make a reservation?
- What accommodations are included with my reservation?
- How do I make my deposit payment?
- How do I submit my guest list?
- How do I purchase guest passes?
- When should I arrive and when should my guests?
- What are my safety responsibilities?
- What is the check-in procedure?
- What is the check-out procedure?
What should I know before I make a reservation?
Reservations should be made at least two weeks in advance to allow for scheduling of lifeguards. As a condition of reserving a deck, you will need to pay a $50 fully refundable deposit to secure your reservation. You will also need to provide a guest list so that your guests may enter the pool and guest passes can be tracked. While deck reservations are free, guest passes are still necessary for non-member guests. Children ages 3 and under are free and do not need guest passes. Deposit payments and guest lists must be submitted at least 48 hours in advance or your reservation will be cancelled.
What accommodations are included with my reservation?
Grills: Both charcoal and propane grills are available for use with reserved decks. However, they are not part of the reservation so other pool members may use them as well. Plan to bring your own grilling essentials such as charcoal, lighter fluid, long-reach lighter, and grill tools. If using the propane grill, please remember to turn it off after use.
Tables and Chairs: Tables and chairs on the decks and in the grassy picnic area are available for member use on a “first-come, first-served” basis. You may move any tables and chairs not currently in use by other members onto your reserved deck for your event. If you do so, you must restore them to their original location when your event is over.
Long Folding Tables: While long folding tables are also available for member use, they are sometimes locked in storage for safe keeping and may require assistance to access them. If you would like to use these tables, ask for assistance at the Front Desk to get them out of the storage room.
Fridge and Freezer: It is recommended that you bring your own cooler to store food and beverages. However, you may use the pool fridge or freezer if using a cooler is impractical. If you need access to the fridge or freezer, ask for assistance at the Front Desk to let you into the storage room.
How do I make my deposit payment?
A $50 fully refundable deposit is required to use the decks for private events to cover extra lifeguards, clean up, damages, or unpaid guest passes.
Within a week of your reservation, you will receive an email with instructions to pay your deposit online. Deposits are collected via PayPal as an authorization to charge your credit card. However, no charge is actually made. You will be notified if a charge is necessary for any of the reasons listed above.
If you choose to pay your deposit with a check at the front desk, you MUST use the “Contact Us” button displayed with your reservation to inform us that you intend to do so AND when you drop the check off at the front desk, you MUST remind the person working to submit the “Received Deposit” online form. Do not leave until you confirm they have done this. This lets us know that you have paid.
How do I submit my guest list?
A guest list is necessary to ensure there are enough lifeguards on duty, admit your guests into the facility, and track guest passes. We have switched to an online system for deck reservations this year. Unfortunately, we can no longer accept paper guest lists or lists provided on the day of the event.
Within a week of your reservation, you will receive an email with a link to enter your guest list online. Open the link and simply enter the names of everyone invited to your event. Although we do need your preliminary guest list at least 48 hours in advance, this online form is automatically saved and fully editable so you can leave and return at any time to continue to add or remove names as needed up until the day of your event.
Please note, you will NOT be charged for guests whom you add to your list but do not show up. We will only count non-member guests who actually attend your event.
How do I purchase guest passes?
While deck reservations are free, guest passes are still necessary for non-member guests. Children ages 3 and under are free and do not need guest passes.
Save time on the day of your event! If you know how many guest passes you will need, you can purchase them ahead of time. Just login to your membership account and go to “Membership / Buy Guest Passes.”
Alternatively, wait until your party is finished and then purchase your guest passes at checkout when you know exactly how many you need.
Please be aware, the Front Desk can not sell guest passes directly to your guests. If you wish to have your guests pay their own way, please collect money from them and then purchase the guest passes.
When should I arrive and when should my guests?
Your reservation time slot includes time for set-up and clean-up. You may not begin to setup on the deck until you have checked in so plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your reservation time slot to check-in at the front desk. Also, you need to be cleaned up and off the decks by the end of your reservation time.
Additionally, keep in mind that if your reservation starts at 11:00 am, you will not be able to check-in until the pool opens at 11:00 am. Likewise, if your reservation ends at 9:00 pm, you must be fully cleaned up and checked-out by the pool closing time which is 9:00 pm.
Your guests, should not arrive until a half hour after your reservation time slot begins and plan to leave a half hour before your reservation ends to allow you time for set-up and clean-up.
What are my safety responsibilities?
For the sake of safety, security, and enjoyment of all individuals, you and your guests must abide by HRARA rules. You and your guests on guest passes waive all rights, claims, causes of action and rights of action against HRARA and the HRARA board of directors and officers for any property damage or personal injury arising from the use of the facility unless caused by willful negligence of HRARA. During your group’s usage of the facility, HRARA will operate with normal safety precautions, including lifeguards, however due to the increase of the number of users in the facility from your group, it will also be necessary that you be responsible for the monitoring of the safety of your group.
What is the check-in procedure?
- Upon arrival, check into the Front Desk to let them know that you are present.
- Confirm that they have your guest list and are ready to check in your guests.
- A Deck Reserved sign should be hanging on your deck. If it is not, request that it be done. This sign is also your Facility Usage Clean up Checklist (it is on the back side).
- If needed, ask for assistance to access the long folding tables, fridge, or freezer.
What is the check-out procedure?
At the end of your event, locate the Deck Reserved sign hanging on the front of the deck. Remove the clipboard and flip the sign over to find the Facility Usage Clean up Checklist on the back. Use the checklist to make sure you have properly cleaned up the deck and then follow the instructions to finish checking out. You must check out in order to get your deposit back.
For your reference, the full check out procedure is outlined below:
- Clean Up the Deck:
- Turn off the propane grill (if you used it).
- Remove all decorations.
- Clean up and remove all food (dispose of or take home leftover food, clean up spills or messes on tables or decks).
- Wipe down the tables and chairs.
- Return the tables and chairs to where you originally found them.
- Put the folding tables back in the storage room.
- Remove anything that you were keeping in the fridge or freezer.
- Remove any personal belongings from the space used and place any guest items that have been left in the lost and found area in the upper bath house.
- Take the trash up to the dumpster in the parking lot.
- Complete a Walk Through: Visit the Front Desk to let them know your event is finished. The pool manager will walk through the space with you to check that the deck is fully cleaned up.
- Check Your Guest List: Go back to the Front Desk to check your guest list for attendance. You will be told how many guest passes you used, how many you have available in your account, and how many more you need to purchase.
- Purchase Guest Passes: If you need to purchase more guest passes, login to your membership account and go to “Membership / Buy Guest Passes.” You can either do this from your phone or ask to do it using the Front Desk computer. Once there are enough guest passes, ask the Front Desk to deduct them from your account.
- Initiate a Deposit Refund Request: Ask the Front Desk to submit a Check-out form. DO NOT LEAVE until you have confirmed that the Front Desk has done this as failure to do so will result in a delay in getting your deposit refunded. You will be notified by email as soon as your deposit is refunded, usually within a day or two.