Host your next party at Holmes Run Pool!
Holmes Run Pool members are welcome to reserve one of the decks for a private gathering during the active swim season which opens on Memorial Day weekend and closes on Labor Day weekend. Members may not reserve the decks on holiday weekends (Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day), the bonus weekend, during swim meets, and during major special events. Be sure to check the Calendar of Events when considering when you want to host your private event.
17 ft. x 24 ft.
This elevated deck offers a great view of the lower pool. This can be helpful for supervising children who are competent swimmers while staying out of the fray.
30 ft. x 23 ft.
This deck provides easy access to the lawn, making it a a great choice if you have little ones or guests who have difficulty navigating steps.
20 ft. x 25 ft.
Set back from the lawn, this deck provides a peaceful, intimate setting for those who just want to enjoy each others company away from the hustle and bustle of the pool.
- What should I know before I make a reservation?
- Are there reservation restrictions?
- How much does it cost to reserve a deck?
- How do I make my deposit payment?
- How do I submit my guest list?
- How do I purchase guest passes?
- When should I arrive and when should my guests?
- What is the check-in and check-out procedure?
- What are my safety responsibilities?
- What accommodations are included with my reservation?
- How do I contact the Deck Reservations Manager?
What should I know before I make a reservation?
Advanced Notice: Reservations should be made at least two weeks in advance to allow for the processing of the reservation and scheduling of lifeguards. It may take up to one week for a reservation to be reviewed and processed.
Deposit: A $50 fully refundable deposit is required to secure a reservation. Deposit payments must be submitted at least 48 hours in advance or your reservation will be cancelled.
Guest List: A guest list must be submitted at least 48 hours prior to your event so that your guests may enter the pool and guest passes can be tracked. Guest passes, necessary for non-member guests, must be paid for in full at the conclusion of your event. Children ages 3 and under are free and do not need guest passes. Your reservation will be cancelled if you do not submit your guest list at least 48 hours in advance. Guest headcount must be accurate plus or minus 5 guests.
Arrival Time: You must arrive ON TIME at your stated arrival time. The Deck Reservations Manager will be waiting to greet you at your stated arrival time. Please respect their personally volunteered time with your punctuality. If you need to change your arrival time or are running late, please let the Deck Reservations Manager know. Failure to arrive on time may result in forfeiture of your deposit.
Check-in/Check-out: You are required to check in at the Front Desk at the beginning of your reservation and check out before leaving. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of your deposit. See the "Check-in/out Procedures" tab above for instructions. All non-member guests MUST check in at the front desk.
Decorum and Safety: You are responsible for your guests. Please ensure they know to abide by HRARA rules and that they behave appropriately and safely while visiting the pool.
Clean-up and Damages: You are responsible for clean-up related to the event and for damages caused by any gross or willful misconduct by you or your guests. Failure to clean up or for incurring damage will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
Rescheduling and Cancellation: The decks are a popular shared resource enjoyed by the membership. If you need to cancel or reschedule your reservation, please inform the Deck Reservations Manager as soon as possible so that your time-slot can be used by someone else. HRARA reserves the right to move your deck reservation to another deck- same date, same time, in the rare case that there is a rescheduled whole pool event where the pool requires the reserved deck for general use.
Are there reservation restrictions?
Members are limited to 3 reservations per season.
On peak weekends (June 15 to July 31), no more than TWO events on Saturday and TWO events on Sunday will be scheduled. Reservations are granted on a first come, first served basis on peak weekends.
How much does it cost to reserve a deck?
Deck reservations with up to 50 guests are free.
Deck reservations with more than 50 guests are $150 (to cover extra guards); require special permission; must be submitted 30 days in advance; and are not permitted on peak weekends (June 15 to July 31).
How do I make my deposit payment?
A $50 fully refundable deposit is required to use the decks for private events to cover extra lifeguards, clean up, damages, or unpaid guest passes.
Within a week of your reservation, you will receive an email with instructions to pay your deposit online. Deposits are collected via PayPal as an authorization to charge your credit card. However, no charge is actually made. You will be notified if a charge is necessary for any of the reasons listed above.
If you choose to pay your deposit with a check at the front desk, you MUST use the "Contact Us" button displayed with your reservation to inform us that you intend to do so AND when you drop the check off at the front desk, you MUST remind the person working to submit the "Received Deposit" online form. Do not leave until you confirm they have done this. This lets us know that you have paid.
Deposit payments MUST be submitted at least 48 hours in advance or your reservation will be cancelled.
How do I submit my guest list?
A guest list is necessary to ensure there are enough lifeguards on duty, admit your guests into the facility, and track guest passes. We use an online system for deck reservations and DO NOT accept paper guest lists or lists provided on the day of the event.
Within a week of your reservation, you will receive an email with a link to enter your guest list online. Open the link and simply enter the names of everyone invited to your event. Although we do need your preliminary guest list at least 48 hours in advance, this online form is automatically saved and fully editable so you can leave and return at any time to continue to add or remove names as needed up until the day of your event.
Note: You will NOT be charged for guests whom you add to your list but do not show up. We will only count non-member guests who actually attend your event.
Guest lists MUST be submitted at least 48 hours in advance or your reservation will be cancelled. Guest headcount must be accurate plus or minus 5 guests.
How do I purchase guest passes?
While deck reservations are free, guest passes are still necessary for non-member guests. Children ages 3 and under are free and do not need guest passes.
Members may not use more than 10 guest passes on Memorial Day weekend, June 15 to July 31, Labor Day weekend, or the following bonus weekend in September. On any other single day, members may not use more than 20 guest passes without a deck reservation; with a deck reservation, members may use up to 50 guest passes.
Save time on the day of your event! If you know how many guest passes you will need, you can purchase them ahead of time. Just login to your membership account and go to "Membership / Buy Guest Passes."
Alternatively, wait until your party is finished and then purchase your guest passes at checkout when you know exactly how many you need.
Please be aware, the Front Desk can not sell guest passes directly to your guests. If you wish to have your guests pay their own way, please collect money from them and then purchase the guest passes for them.
When should I arrive and when should my guests?
Your reservation time slot includes time for set-up and clean-up. You may not begin setting up on the deck until your reservation start time and you must be cleaned up and off the deck by the end of your reservation time. Consider arriving 15 minutes early to give yourself time to check in at the Front Desk first. Please plan your guest arrival and departure to allow you time for set-up and clean-up. For example, ask your guests to arrive a half hour after your reservation time slot begins and plan to leave a half hour before your reservation ends.
What is the check-in and check-out procedure?
Member hosts are required to check in at the Front Desk at the beginning of their reservation and check out before leaving. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of your deposit. See the "Check-in/out Procedures" tab above for instructions.
What are my safety responsibilities?
For the sake of safety, security, and enjoyment of all individuals, you and your guests must abide by HRARA rules. You and your guests on guest passes waive all rights, claims, causes of action and rights of action against HRARA and the HRARA board of directors and officers for any property damage or personal injury arising from the use of the facility unless caused by willful negligence of HRARA. During your group’s usage of the facility, HRARA will operate with normal safety precautions, including lifeguards, however due to the increase of the number of users in the facility from your group, it will also be necessary that you be responsible for the monitoring of the safety of your group.
What accommodations are included with my reservation?
Parking: You may park up to 10 vehicles in the Holmes Run Pool parking lot. Additional vehicles must be parked at Woodburn ES. You are responsible for communicating to your guests where they may park.
Tables and Chairs: Tables and chairs on the decks and in the grassy picnic area are available for member use on a "first-come, first-served" basis. You may move any tables and chairs not currently in use by other members onto your reserved deck for your event. If you do so, you must restore them to their original location when your event is over.
Long Folding Tables: While long folding tables are also available for member use, they are sometimes locked in storage for safe keeping and may require assistance to access them. If you would like to use these tables, ask for assistance at the Front Desk to get them out of the storage room.
Fridge and Freezer: It is recommended that you bring your own cooler to store food and beverages. However, you may use the pool fridge or freezer if using a cooler is impractical. If you need access to the fridge or freezer, ask for assistance at the Front Desk to let you into the storage room.
Grills: Charcoal and propane grills are available to members on a "first come, first served" basis. You may use up to 2 grills for your event. Plan to bring your own grilling essentials such as charcoal, lighter fluid, long-reach lighter, and grill tools. If using the propane grill, please remember to turn it off after use.
How do I contact the Deck Reservations Manager?
To contact the Deck Reservations Manager about a specific reservation, log in to the website, go to "My Profile / Profile / Deck Reservations," and use the "Contact Us" button displayed next to your reservation. To ask a general question about Deck Reservations, go to "About Us / Contact Us" and select "Activities" under "Who do you want to contact?"
Check-in and Check-out Procedures
Member hosts are REQUIRED to check-in at the Front Desk at the beginning of their reservation and check-out before leaving.
Failure to check-in/out will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
How to Check-in
- Upon arrival, check-in at the Front Desk to let them know that you are present.
- Confirm that they have your guest list and are ready to check-in your guests.
- A Deck Reserved sign should be hanging on your deck. If it is not, request that it be done. This sign is also your Facility Usage Clean up Checklist (it is on the back side). Use this checklist when you check-out.
- If needed, ask for assistance to access the long folding tables, fridge, or freezer.
How to Check-out
- Locate Your Deck Reserved Sign: At the end of your event, locate the Deck Reserved sign hanging on the front of the deck. Remove the clipboard and flip the sign over to find the Facility Usage Clean up Checklist on the back. Use the checklist to make sure you have properly cleaned up the deck and then follow the instructions to finish checking out. You must check out in order to get your deposit back.
- Clean Up the Deck:
- Turn off the propane grill (if you used it).
- Remove all decorations.
- Clean up and remove all food (dispose of or take home leftover food, clean up spills or messes on tables or decks).
- Wipe down the tables and chairs.
- Return the tables and chairs to where you originally found them.
- Put the folding tables back in the storage room.
- Remove anything that you were keeping in the fridge or freezer.
- Remove any personal belongings from the space used and place any guest items that have been left in the lost and found area in the upper bath house.
- Take the trash up to the dumpster in the parking lot.
- Complete a Walk Through: Visit the Front Desk to let them know your event is finished. The pool manager will walk through the space with you to check that the deck is fully cleaned up.
- Check Your Guest List: Go back to the Front Desk to check your guest list for attendance. You will be told how many guest passes you used, how many you have available in your account, and how many more you need to purchase.
- Purchase Guest Passes: If you need to purchase more guest passes, login to your membership account and go to "Membership / Buy Guest Passes." You can either do this from your phone or ask to do it using the Front Desk computer. Once there are enough guest passes, ask the Front Desk to deduct them from your account.
- Initiate a Deposit Refund Request: Ask the Front Desk to submit a Check-out form. You will be notified by email as soon as your deposit is refunded, usually within a day or two. DO NOT LEAVE until you confirm that the Front Desk has submitted this form. Your deposit will not be released unless this form is submitted.
Reserve a Deck
Deck reservations are CLOSED.